Las Vegas is a wonderful city that everyone should have the pleasure of visiting at least once. While there, you can try your hand at gambling. After all, Las Vegas is one of the best places to go in the U.S. to gamble. Some of the most elegant hotels sit right next to the casinos and some have casinos inside of them. The casinos are one of the most fascinating things about Vegas.
Here are some practical tips for betting in Las Vegas for the some of the most popular games you’ll find in the casinos. Anyone can use these tips from the newbie to the experienced gambler to help improve your odds of walking away a winner.
- Baccarat– This game has the very best odds of all the games in Vegas but its also fast-paced and hard to keep up with. It’s easy to play but you have to understand the rules to know what’s going on. You place bets similar to the way you do in craps by saying, “pass” or “don’t pass”. If you don’t want to put a large amount down to get in on some of the action, look for the mini-baccarat games that usually allow you to join for about $5.
- Poker– Poker is a game that requires a lot of skill and the ability to read other players. If you’re not familiar with the rules and how to play professionally, wait until you’ve learned more about the game before playing in Vegas. When you do feel like you’re ready, start out at one of the low stake tables first until you get the hang of it.
- Blackjack– Before you sit down at a blackjack table, know how to play the game. Pay attention to the dealers “up card”. Normally, if the dealer’s card is the number 6 or lower, you should stop taking cards when you hands total 12 or more. If the dealer’s card is a 7 or above, then you can keep taking cards until you hit 17 or higher. This will increase your odds of winning.
- Craps – One of the most exciting games in all of Las Vegas is craps. The safest way to bet on craps is to choose the “pass or don’t pass” option. When you choose to “pass”, you’re betting that the shooter will win. If you say, “don’t pass”, you’re betting that the shooter will lose.
- Roulette – Playing Roulette is a true gamble but one that is fun and it can have a huge payout if you win. The best way to bet in roulette is to make outside bets that consist of “even/odds” and “black or red”. Any outside bet will have higher odds of winning but the payouts are lower than betting the inside. If you play on a table without the “00”, your odds of winning will increase.
- Slot Machines– The slot machine is by far the hardest to win because they have the lowest odds but there are a few tricks that can help even out the odds a little. If you lose 6 or 7 times in a row, move to another machine and try again. Look for a machine that others have been winning on or the ones that have a jackpot showing from the last spin reel. Never play the machines next to a winning slot machine and always play the higher payout machines for the best results.
Betting in Las Vegas is fun and exciting. It can make feel like you’ve transported to a different universe with the fast-paced atmosphere and all of the lights and glamour. Keep in mind that eventually, you’ll have to go home so never bet more than you can afford. Set your limits and stick to them and you’re sure to have a great time betting in Las Vegas with these practical tips.